Monday, March 28, 2011

Road Trip. Charlie's POV.

If you've read more than one post on this blog, it's pretty much guaranteed that you've met Charlie. 

I'm not going to lie to you, three and a half years ago Charlie was an impulse buy. But the best impulse buy ever. Now the thought of not having this slobber happy mutt makes me cry. Which happened once when she got stuck in the dumpster and I thought I lost her for two hours. But that's another story for another day.

Back to the point. Anyone who has met (or lived with) her knows that Charlie is nothing short of crazy. Which makes it incredibly hard to believe that she was perfect during this move/road trip.  Not a peep from the back of the car for twenty two hours of driving. Amazing!!

Here is Charlie's point of view. Literally told in her voice. Cheesy yes, but just go with it.

One day mom put me in the back of the car. Which is nothing new. I love car rides. Especially in the big white car because I don't have to wear a seatbelt. And I have so much room to look at all the other cars going by. 

But then I got sad because I felt so far away from Mel and my mom. Mel thought this picture made me look like I was in jail. The sadness only lasted for about a minute. Which is when another car went by. I love cars.

Riding in the back is great, but a girl has got to stretch her legs every now and then. My mom kept saying she couldn't believe I was being so well behaved. Someone should tell her that I'm really a good dog... she is just a giant push over so I take advantage of that every time.

Next we went to a hotel. I've never been in one of these things. But let me tell you what... they are great. First, I got to look out the window for as long as I wanted while having cold air blown on my face. Constant cold air. It was like a little piece of heaven.

When that got boring (which was rare), I snuck off to lay in the lap of luxury and still look out the window. Ahhhhh, this is the life!!

The only scary part of the hotel thing was the ironing board. I've never seen one of those things. And new things are scary. Especially when they squeak. Mel was determined to help me get over my fears. I was not a fan. Hence the claws.

After the hotel, it was time to get back in the car. I was pumped!! What a lucky girl to get to spend my day looking out the window. I can't get enough. There is always something new to see. 

And more looking out the window. Aren't I cute?

It was almost bedtime when we stopped for good. There I got to go into a big house. With stairs!! You think I love the car? Well you should see me on the stairs. They are my real favorite. And there were also lots of toys. My mom said I wasn't allowed to eat the toys. But maybe I'll sneak off with one later.

This big house also had another dog. Her name is Madison. I tried to eat her a few times. I got in big trouble. But now we are best buddies. 

Anyone want to go for another car ride?

2 comments:

  1. If I hadn't written cards from thunder to my mom in the past, I may have considered you a huge dork! Instead, I feel closer to you than ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete