Sometimes it's hard to find the right thing to say. Especially when it's goodbye.
I've been in Texas for four and a half years. And during that time I've grown to love many people very dearly. In saying goodbye to them, I'm finding that the right words just won't come. Here I am, standing here in this pivotal moment of my life and I feel the need to say something profound. Like in the movies when the main character delivers the perfect line. I'm searching for something that will tell those who matter just how much they mean to me. But the words are missing.
Then I realized that one heartfelt statement during my last few days in Texas won't really change a thing. That's not what matters. Life isn't a movie. What matters is every day before that. And every day after. What matters is that those people know every single day just how important they are. Not just on the day I leave.
It's my hope and prayer is that it's true. That those dearly loved people know that they are dearly loved. By me. And by God.
I'm sure they know. And if not, just direct them right here!
ReplyDelete