Andddd we're back!! Time for part two of this road trip. Tennessee to Virginia.
Same cast in the same packed car. A quick pic and we are on our way. (Even Charlie snuck in the shot. But more on her later.)
I don't know about you, but when starting an eleven hour drive at 9:30 AM all I want is my grande nonfat chai tea latte. We drove thirty minutes from our hotel without without a single Starbucks sighting. So we settled for McDonald's. Key word: settled. Mel went with apple juice. I, of course, got two refills of Diet Coke.
If I owned of of these, I would name it "Happy Hour" too.
As in part one, the passenger must take the feet-on-the-dashboard picture. It's just necessary.
Also simliar to part one, part two of this adventure was filled with some epic tunes. This time courtesy of my own personal music master, Scott.
Disc one was filled with plenty of fist pumping.
While disc two was filled with...
...well...whatever you call this move. It's very possible I'm trying to be hard core. Eeeek!!
You know you're (still) in Tennessee when... there is a Shoney's at every single exit. Now, I know I have a tendency to exaggerate. But I'm serious. Every. Single. Exit. People in Tennessee must love Shoney's.
Now onto Virginia. Had to get out of the car for this one. Would you expect any less?
Once in Virginia we finally found a Starbucks. As I said n the beginning we started looking at 9:30 AM. Here is a happy Mel at 3:30 PM. So worth the wait!! Mwuah.
It's only fair. You know you're in Virginia when... there is a Hardee's at every single exit. Again, no exaggeration. (On a side note. Does anyone else think it's funny that all of these cows are hanging around the Hardee's billboard? I'm sure cows don't have any sense of irony. But it made me laugh.)
Oh look!! More cows. It should be said that the time spent stuck behind this cow trailer was disgusting. Passing it was much better.
All of the Hokie faithful know that this picture is required. Especially when you haven't seen it in years.
Camera happy.
And again. Just in case you missed us.
More scenic driving. It's quite possible that I'm a little bit biased. But pictures like this make me very happy.
Mel is with me though. She too enjoyed taking pics of the hills. It reminds her of her motherland. WV style. "Country roads take me home..."
It's Sunday night. We made it. Trip mileage = two thousand eight hundred and nineteen miles. Success. Plus, that was fantastically fun!!
One last picture to document the occasion. I adore us, but we look so tired.
And now let me take a few minutes to brag. Not only has Mel been the perfect roommate that past two years, but she is has also become one of my closest friends... and now the best road tripping partner a girl could ask for. Love you Mel. Lots.







No comments:
Post a Comment