Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Single Girl Survival Skill: The Big Move

By now you know I'm moving. Well... technically I'm so behind on blogging that I've already moved. But that won't stop me from sharing this essential 'single girl survival skill.' (PS - Mary gets full credit for starting the SGSS. You can find Mary here.)

Step One - Pack. As you've seen in: Thoughts On Packing and More Thoughts On Packing.

Step Two - Hire movers. I'm serious. Not just your friends with a truck. But real live movers.

Movers have fun tools like this dolly. And lots of cardboard.

They also have a massive truck to carry your digs across the country.

Plus, movers are big and strong. Meet Mario and Andres.

Step Three - Fix up the old place.

For example, painting this awesome blue wall back to its boring beige.
This is coat number one. It took three coats.

Of course I had to grab a Diet Coke from Sonic while the paint dried.

Step Four - Be prepared. Once all your stuff is gone, it's going to be a little empty.

You'll need a place to sit.

A place to sleep. Hello air mattress.

And awesome friends to join you at dinner. Because the kitchen will be empty too.

Step Five - Pack again.

This time it was a little more exciting. Like playing Tetris. Thank goodness for the new big girl car.

Step Six - Drive. To be seen in another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment