I love music. Especially good music. Well, obviously... who would admit to liking bad music? But that's not the point.
A lot of things go into making music good. We could probably debate those things for hours. In a song most people have never heard, Tim McGraw sings "it's just good music if you can feel it in your soul." And I agree.
But my real love affair with music begins in the lyrics. Like when the words of a song say exactly what I'm feeling. But better. My thoughts. Coming right through the speakers. It's amazing.
But my real love affair with music begins in the lyrics. Like when the words of a song say exactly what I'm feeling. But better. My thoughts. Coming right through the speakers. It's amazing.
Currently I'm on a Van Morrison kick. And "Into The Mystic" is pretty much rocking my world. Maybe it's that I'm dying to be on the water again. But more likely it's that I'm going home. Which comes with a lot of feelings. More than I can really express with words. So sing with me. "And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home, and when that fog horn blows I want to hear it, don't have to fear it..." Good music. Love it.
Anyway, I just wanted to share the song that's been in my head. And my soul. Who knows, maybe this will become a regular thing in my little blog world. Maybe. Until then enjoy.
PS - If this does become a regular blog feature, don't expect "new" music. That's not really my style. I'm an old soul. Music included. My roommate will gladly testify to that fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment