Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nash.Vegas.

So here we are in Nashville, Tennessee. Also known as Music City. Or my personal favorite... Nash.Vegas. It's the halfway point between Dallas and D.C. Being halfway, it's the perfect place to stop and play for a while.

Most of you know that I love love love me some country music. And now I'm quite smitten with this place too. The rest of blog is dedicated to all of the reasons why.

(PS - There are many pictures to go along with these reasons. Consider yourself warned!!)

Reason one: the music.
There is music literally playing everywhere in this town. Even on the sidewalks. Giant speakers playing the tunes I love to here. It should be said that I was definitely that girl singing along. No shame.

And what is good music without music videos? We saw one being filmed on the corner. Had no idea who the singer chick was. They say she's new. Hopefully she will make it big and we can say we were there. If not, we were still there.

After that quasi star sighting, Mel and I wanted to join in on the fun. I mean it's Nashville... the place where anyone can be a country music star.

Even if it's just for a photo op.

Back to the real talent. Live music is playing everywhere you go. No exaggeration. One right after the other. I love that!!

Now for the close up. The lead singer looked like a cross between Vince Gill and Donny Osmond. Don't you agree? "I'm a little bit country..."

Another place. Another round of live music. These guys were a little more fun.

Ok a lot more fun. They played 'Ring of Fire.' Heck yeahhhhh.

And then down the street for some more steel guitar to make my little heart flutter.

This lady enjoyed the tunes too. She even pulled out her lighter. (I feel like maybe she was a little lost.)

Reason two: the digs.
Every town has it's tacky souvenir options...

...but this one takes the cake!!

And this one is flat out funny. Just showing off my inner cowgirl.

But let's talk about the real digs. The boots. Here's Mel getting up close and personal with the snake skin. 

I'll stick with the orange ones.

And who doesn't want a picture with a giant boot? (Side note: the tour bus you see in the background belongs to John Corbett. That's Aiden from Sex & the City. He's a country music singer too. Yum!!)

Later we put on our own boots. We do (errr did) live in Texas after all.

When in Rome...

Reason three: the people.
While in Music City you can hang with Elvis.

If statues aren't your thing, you can always find an impersonator.

Willie is there too. Giving words of wisdom.

Beyond the usual suspects like Elvis and Willie, Nash.Vegas. is filled with some of the best people watching ever. And I'm all about quirky people. Like this biker dude who not only gave his two dogs dreads, but then colored them.

Or these fools. There are no words.

No shortage of words here though.
It's a love note to all the ladies out there. On a billboard... a massive billboard.

Mario and Luigi.
Denim, denim, denim.

Of course there is a creepy old man or two. Trying way too hard to tear up the dance floor. Here is one scouring the crowd for his next victim.

That's when it's probably best to go back to the statue thing.

All in all, Nashville is filled with awesome people!!

Reason four: the parking.
Best parking spot ever!!

And again. They must have known we were coming.

Reason five: the food.
Welcome to where we had lunch. Quite possibly the best BBQ I've had in my entire life. And I lived in Texas. That says a lot.

No really. It was amazingly good. I even got some sauce in my hair. Enter redneck hair washing.

Reason six: it's just that much fun.

Like.

No comments:

Post a Comment