Have you ever felt just a little bit off? Nothing is wrong, but there's an underlying nagging you can't seem to shake? That's how I felt going into Memorial Day weekend... just ehhhh. So when a last minute trip to the water came up I was there!! Sun + water = just what the doctor ordered.
Saturday morning Charlie the wonder dog happily woke up just before six a.m. I didn't exactly share in on her excitement, but begrudgingly grabbed the leash and my flip flops anyway. I was still cursing my sweet little puppy when I looked up and saw this...
I sat there speechless. In complete awe. First of the pure beauty of a sunrise over still water. And second at the perfecting timing of it all. I needed that sunrise just like I needed to get out of town. God provided what I didn't know I needed. His timing was (is) perfect. Even when I'm just a little bit off.
Still on a high from my early morning wake up call, I headed out for a run. Here...
Again, perfect. Nothing but me, some birds chirping and the sound of gravel crunching under my feet. Just what the doctor ordered and all before ten a.m.
Ahhhhh.


No comments:
Post a Comment