It not just tomatoes (as mentioned in the previous post)... I'm pretty much on an all around vegetable kick these days. Which is great, but a girl can only eat so many salads and such. So enter my first attempt at making frittata.
I borrowed the recipe from this blog and as you can see, things were looking good...
...that is, until I grabbed this scalding hot pan handle with my bare hand. Cue me yelping and doing the 'I-just-burnt-my-hand' dance all around the kitchen. Ran the cold water and then called mom frantically asking whether or not my palm was going to bubble up.
Why is it you ask, that in a state of searing pain, would my primary concern be bubbling skin? Well you see my friends, this is not my first rodeo. In fact, this is the third time I've burnt my hand in the kitchen. And one of those first two times resulted in an ugly scar. It's not really the type of experience you brag about.
But back to the story:
Next thing you know my hand is wrapped in a cold washcloth.
And I'm off to CVS right before closing time. Where thankfully there was a nurse in line behind me who assured me that I was going to be just fine since the skin wasn't broken. Phew!!
Still, I'm not messing around. You can call it overreacting. I'll call it experience.
Plus that burn relief spray came in handy for the gnarly sunburn I brought home from the horse races on Sunday. I'm falling apart at the seams here people!!
So the hand is all wrapped up. Which is more of a preventative measure than anything. It's apparent that I'm not so graceful and I don't want to further endanger my poor little hand. It already hurts more than I can say and remain PG. Now it's time for some Advil and hopefully a quick healing hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment